Re: [Amc-list] Shipping Alberta

Brien - where exactly in Alberta is this guy?  Depending on
his location, I may be able to go get the part for you and get
it on its way to you.  I've shipped across the border several
times without a problem.

I'm shocked that he refuses to ship to the US.  I sell parts
too, and as a seller based in Canada I'd be slitting my own
throat if I refused to ship there and effectively cut off 95%
of my potential customer base.

On the flip side of that coin, I can't even count how many
times I've been stonewalled on eBay by sellers who refuse
to acknowledge the world outside the 50 states.  And yet,
I bet that if I had a part THEY needed, they would expect
me to get it to them with no problem at all.

Truth is, cross border shipping (in either direction) is not
some onerous, painful process.  Yes, there's some extra
paperwork, and the buyer pays a little more, and it takes
a little longer, but in the end it still works.  Almost every
part I sell goes to the US, and I just take it in stride and do
the extra steps without complaint.  If there's a buyer with
cash in hand, you just do what it takes to get 'er done.
-----
Brien Tourville said:

"Wow - found a part in Alberta Ca. - they don't ship to USA.

What's up with this?"