Re: [Amc-list] 232 combustion chamber

Bruce Hevner wrote:

> What is your "running/cranking" compression? If too high you could try
> double gasket or a shim to lower it. With no "squish" to worry about this is
> viable.

Do you mean like this?

http://www.misterfixit.com/dyncompr.htm

Static compression on this motor was intentionally raised because I
designed it to run on propane. No real research was done. I didn't know
enough at that time to think about squish etc.

Bruce, what do you think about these two tradeoffs:

* higher compression (say 9.5:1) and less ignition lead,

* lower compression (say 8.5:1) and more ignition lead.

The two seem to balance in "sign" but I don't know about magnitude. Eg.
is more ignition lead better than more compression...?