Re: [Amc-list] 232 combustion chamber

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" So my 232 has flat-top pistons, no valve reliefs, and the combustion
" chamber is a simple wedge. I thought it had a flat shelf for squish, but
"    it just tapers down to flush on the side away from the plug.

no sharp edges anywhere [except where the chamber touches the head
gasket]?  if there are, smooth them to reduce octane demand.

you could also go to a cooler plug.

" I've never been able to run much ignition advance on this motor. The
" compression is high (9.5:1) so maybe that's it.

they're connected.  one of the cheap you-know-what ways to run regular
gas in a high compression engine was to back way off on the timing.
ruins mileage though, just like advancing [when possible] gains it.