Re: [Amc-list] 232 combustion chamber - No Squish

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> No closed or flat area at all.
> They look alot like the 70 Ford Clevelane open chamber heads.
> Those engines are notorious for ping, zip quench, nada...
> I wonder how available E85 is out there?
> May have been a good test bed for a Howell with a 4.0L head!

Yeah, it sucks. But it's bird-in-hand... this is a daily driver, it's
served well, with the mentioned minor problems, for 20 years, this head
fits, it's got to be back on the road, so it stays all 1970. Eh. 20 mpg
and reliable is good enough. The howell will not hurt

> I was thinking of building a high compression stroker for the American, but that 27.9 mpg on the last tank kind of makes me want to leave it alone!
>    How many people have a 60's semic custom Rambler with efi etc and get that kind of mileage out of it?

That's pretty spectacular mileage, and coupled with the performance,
even more so.

> Not many I'll bet!

So why don't you bug HOT ROD about your project? That rag seems to
improve with every issue. I used to dislike it, was real biased against
it, but even I have come around.

Clean, fast, great looking, cheap. The 4.0 needs a HOT ROD write up.
More people using the 4.0 would only help us.