Re: [Amc-list] 232 combustion chamber - No Squish

Re: [Amc-list] 232 combustion chamber - No Squish

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
"
" No closed or flat area at all.
" They look alot like the 70 Ford Clevelane open chamber heads.

d'oh!  i forgot - '70, right?

the '64-7 head was closed chamber, 56cc iirc.  '68-'76, 66cc open.
'77-'80 [at least], 74cc open.  pistons are different for each; by my
calc '77-9 slugs actually have 6cc less dish than '68-'76.

only the '68-'70 199 had flattops.

as both 199 and 232 have zero deck but 258 is 'down the hole', the
'80-'90 slugs fit only 258s and bring it back to zero deck.  also, i
don't have numbers but as the '80s progressed, chamber vol got smaller
again.

" I was thinking of building a high compression stroker for the American, but that 27.9 mpg on the last tank kind of makes me want to leave it alone!
"    How many people have a 60's semi custom Rambler with efi etc and get that kind of mileage out of it?
" Not many I'll bet!

i bet a stock american with 199 and o/d, with recurved ign and
economaster carb would beat that!  not as much fun though.