Re: [Amc-list] Who recently bought 235 70 14 tires ?

Re: [Amc-list] Who recently bought 235 70 14 tires ?

" From: WILLIAM SERCKIE <realtorbill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
"   I thought that it was a later model American...I am running 195 78 14
"   on my 65 w/a set of 14x7 Cragar Smoothies, and like yours, there is only
"   about 3/4 inch clearance between the tire and inner frnder well lip...I
"   was initially worries about rubbing but am hoping for the best...It is
"   only th first day that they have been on the car...

i have long run 205/70s on 14x6 hornet rims on my '66 and '68
americans.  the wheel needs a thin ~1/8" spacer to clear the trunnion
but they don't rub the fender even turning into my sloping driveway.

with your clearance you ought to be able to run 215/70s, if you have
similar clearance with the trunnion.