Re: [Amc-list] I can help, anyone with a big truck? Re: I NEED SOME HELP

Re: [Amc-list] I can help, anyone with a big truck? Re: I NEED SOME HELP! Got a car in FortWorth which I can't...UPDATE!!!

Greetings,
Thank you for the offer.  It is under active consideration.  Have you a
dolly or tow bar??  This can lower the costs substantially (since an 18 foot
trailer has substantial weight)...  With good rubber (rolling rubber is good
enough)
I was (and am) considering moving this with my American.  The 199 has enough
snot to draught (pronounced 'draw', meaning 'tow') it, the brakes are just
about adequate to stop them both (with defensive driving), and the wagon's
weight is but 2914 lbs dry.  I'd feel safe with a stiff hitch (as long as
the roads are dry, of course).

Again, thanks for the offer.  You are on the 'active consideration' facet.

I am actually considering actively selling this...trying to get out from
under it since the reality is that I spent money I could not afford to buy
it, and the pickup is going to double that.  It was  not one of my best
decisions.  Since I've got so many Ramblers (and Nashes and AMC's and
'stuff') do I really need a nother??  NOT!  So if you know of anyone
interested in a super solid bodied 1964 Rambler Classic 660 wagon with
astick shift, do let me know!  My investment is $699 and I frankly believe
it to  be worth every nickel (else...would I have bought it?  Ummm...good
question)

You know the deal on these cars....intelligence isn't the device used in the
purchase, emotion is.  This is every bit as close to truth as it gets...you
choose Ramblers because of some soft spot in your brain (is that 'brain
damage'??), and not because you thought it out carefully and clearly...
But in the end?  What is it we decide?  How do we described our best
efforts?  Quite simple...
"Oh, Well!!"
*hehehe*

Thanks again...and I WILL be in touch and keep you appraised.

Jj