[Amc-list] De rusting with electricity

To do so you will need the following; a plastic tub, a couple of C clamps, a battery charger, scrap metal, wire brushes and baking soda. All this can be gotten at any farmers coop, hardware store, department store, etc. No fancy Evil bay or that such.
Fill the tub with water just above the item you want to derust. Wire brush off the scale, outside of the tub. Pick a scrap metal piece about the same size as the rusty item. Hook the POSITIVE cable to the scrap metal and clamp it to the side of the tub, with the cable above the water. Hook the NEGATIVE clamp to the rusty item and put in the water.
Turn on the charger and put enough baking soda in the water to raise the amps on your charger to just below half. For instance; a 10 amp charger set on maintenance charge should register 5 amps or below, preferably about 4 1/2 amps. Keep the item in the water until clean. So simple even you city folk can figure it out. Things to remember, however;
Do not mix up the leads. I keep a dedicated set up and have cut the end off the positive lead, and sodered on an eyelet. My scrap metal all have bolts afixed to them and that way I can't make a mistake.
Do not touch the leads together. Again in my dedicated tub I have a little cage that seperates the metal.
Keep the positive lead above the water.
Turn off the charger to check the progress
Keep your dog away from the tub.
This sounds convoluted, but once you get things set up and go through it once, it is easy
Shade tree machanics rule, posers drool......Russ