[Amc-list] 1965 Rambler American Interior

[Amc-list] 1965 Rambler American Interior

AMC-List,
Tonight, Marty from Legendary Auto Interiors http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/ came over and sized up the interior of my 1965 Rambler American 440 Convertible.  My car is all original but the interior is fading and the seats are starting to deteriorate, but there is everything necessary to allow Legendary to make a set of tools to reproduce the original interior.   Legendary will make a pattern and tooling from my interior and offer interior kits in their catalog if there is a commitment to buy from about 10 or so folks.  Check their internet site and their downloadable catalog... they do good work!  This will be a first since I have looked high and low and there is no one producing either the material or the patterns for a 1965 Rambler American.  The same interior front seats and door panels would also work on a Hardtop (I believe), but the back seat for the convertible may be a bit narrower than the back seat in the hard top.  The tooling wouldn't be fabricated until n
 ext fall/winter and due to the high cost of tooling, Legendary will not commit to the tools unless they know they can sell a minimum of 10 interiors.

What you can do if you want Legendary to move forward and make this interior available next winter,...
Contact:
Eric J DeTaeye
Public Relations Director
Legendary Auto Interiors Ltd.
121 West Shore Blvd.
Newark, NY 14513
PH. 1(315)331-0903 EXT. 203
CELL 1(315)374-9242
E-mail: EDeTaeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you want to see some pictures of my interior that they would be using for their pattern, please feel free to contact me off list and I'll send you an image or 2.  Please contact me directly for these pictures.

Please pass this opportunity onto any of your friends as well.  I really would like to see this happen for all us current and future collectors.

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Dick Rzepkowski
dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx