Re: [Amc-list] Invited to a Father's Day car show

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Matt Haas wrote:

> On 4/23/2008 5:02 PM, Bruce Griffis spouted this sage advice:
> <snip>
> > Her husband passed over a flyer for a Father's Day car show at a local
> > church. If I can fix some rust spots - we may go. Could be fun!
> </snip>
>
> Bruce,
>
> Don't let a little rust stop you! Your car is different which will get
> it noticed and most people aren't going to be bothered by a little rust
> (especially if the paint is weathered).

Oh yeah -- go!

Your standards for excellence stay the same or get tighter,
but your cars get older around you -- even the roughest
old old car will pleasantly surprise people. People can tell
'works in progress' for the most part, especially other old-car
people. (The clueless, well there's no help for them anyways :-)

40+ years old and running is interesting all by itself. And
enough people have seen '65 1/2 Mustangs to pass 'em buy without
even noticing...