Re: [Amc-list] OT:Follow the directions

I have to admit that people do stupid things
sometimes, my past is a shining example.
However, by doing these stupid things we learn and
grow, hopefully to be better part of society, my
present being an example again.
By legislating every little step we take or want to
take, we grow a crop of people who can't think for
themselves or make decisions. The Govt loves this type
of population, easy to manipulate and control.
Katrina was a good example; these idiots who got stuck
in 'Orleans waited for the Govt to save them, even
with three days warning. They waited and took no
action on their own when the hurricane was forecasted,
because they have been groomed to wait and be told
what to do.
Growing up in the 50s and 60s our cars had no padded
dash, collapsing columns, traction control, etc. We
actually learned the first time the binders were
applied that if we were not sitting down we will go
flying. And yeah, some of us had bumps. But we learned
and grew. We payed attention to the world around us.
Inattention is a rampant problem in driving, and
getting worse (it isn't talking on the phone, that is
way down the list). And why are people inattentive-
because their car does everything and all they have to
do is sit and ruminate. Several car makers even have
an automatic parallel parking feature-GIVE ME A BREAK.
KISS is the way we should keep the cars, and
unfortunately all these fat-ass drivers love to just
sit and steer. Wait; steering takes too much thought
and energy, maybe Toyota will fix that. Save us,
Toyota, from our own thoughts.
In all seriousness, when my neighbors new Kia wouldn't
start she just sat there, calling a tow truck. I
wandered over there and she had left the lights on.
All thought and reasoning is being drained out of
drivers, and my farmer buddies are beside
themselves....Russ