[Amc-list] My 18 year old kid is liking the 330 and smiling to the three

[Amc-list] My 18 year old kid is liking the 330 and smiling to the three on the tree!

I did some more brake work earlier in the week to resolve the pulling
to one side issue (I'm not 'fessing up to my stupidity, but there was
a reason it pulled - and it was sheer idiocy on my part). Anyway - it
is driving much better. Still want to swap out the front drums - but
the car was a happy camper.

Anyway - I had him start it up and turn on the washers while my 12
year old son sprayed the windshield. We corrected the vacuum hoses for
the wipers - and now know why the pump was disconnected. That's a
different story, though.

After testing out the wipers, I asked if he wanted to drive around the
subdivision. I wandered in to clean up, and he got the car down the
driveway and parked correctly. Window down, arm out, vent window open
(natch!).

We drove it around the back end of the subdiv, then up a steep hill to
the pool. He did a great job starting and stopping, and making sure to
come to a full stop before going into first. Didn't roll back too far
when starting on the hill (he has plenty of practice on his brother's
Miata).

I told him if it was a midsize or full size car, his girlfriend would
sit in the middle in the front. He liked that.He had a huge grin on
his face, did a great job working the column-mounted manual
transmission, and had no issues starting, shifting, and stopping.
Think I'll let him take it out on the main road next. When we parked
it, he said "now you have the cool car."

It's great when a goofy little four door sedan becomes the cool car.