Re: [Amc-list] My 18 year old kid is liking the 330 and smiling to the t

Re: [Amc-list] My 18 year old kid is liking the 330 and smiling to the three on the tree!

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008, Bruce Griffis wrote:

> I told him if it was a midsize or full size car, his girlfriend would
> sit in the middle in the front. He liked that.He had a huge grin on
> his face, did a great job working the column-mounted manual
> transmission, and had no issues starting, shifting, and stopping.
> Think I'll let him take it out on the main road next. When we parked
> it, he said "now you have the cool car."
>
> It's great when a goofy little four door sedan becomes the cool car.

Cool! Now he's got stories to tell about driving a column
shift! Those are quite exotic today... it's like the time I
drove a 29 chevy (hacked into a farm tractor). Weird experience,
throttle and spark advance on the steering wheel! None of his
friends will have driven a column shoft non-synchro!