[Amc-list] 196 head gasket again...

well, lastnight, i went up to my moms, 45 miles away,
in her car. had all the goodies to change my head
gasket. but first, i decided to fire it up and make
SURE. filled it up with water, cranked her up. hmm....
i ended up pouring like 2 1/2 gal of water in it.
almsot completely empty. it got pressurized, and had a
leak out of the t-stat housing. tightend it down, it
stopped. no large amount of steem like before, no
issues what so ever of a head gasket. all head bolts
are still TIGHT.

conclusion...
leaked all the water out of the t-stat housing. boiled
what little was left. reason for all the steam in the
exhaust: when it finally started blowing steam out, it
blew off my overflow hose, and was blowing water/steam
strait into the airfilter and SOAKED it. sucking that
water into the engine will do that.

filled it up good, and drove it all the way home
lastnight with no issues at all.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules