Re: [Amc-list] 196 head gasket again...

Awesome!!!!!

I had the hardest problem resolving the leaking thermostat housing on
my '65! I used a gasket and it leaked. Used non-hardening sealant and
another gasket and it leaked. Did it again, letting it sit for 24
hours to cure - and it leaked. I ended up taking off the t-stat
housing and using a power sander to get it as flat and smooth as
possible, Cleaned the t-stat housing and the part on the block off
with brake cleaner to get all oils off - used 3M form-a-gasket for
water pumps and thermostats. Let it sit for 24 hours to cure - and it
FINALLY doesn't leak (much).

Happy you found the problem and fixed it. Happy it's not the head gasket.