Re: [Amc-list] Vacuum wiper hose - size and length?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Bruce Griffis wrote:

> I'm guessing something's messed up somewhere. I ran a hose from the
> nipple on the bottom front of the fuel pump up to the bottom nipple on
> the wiper motor. I guessed that's where it went - as there was nothing
> there.
>
> Well, it made a cool putt putt sound. I unhooked the hose and no
> sound. I'm guessing it's in the fuel pump. Is that the consensus?

First, I'd ascertain which is the inlet and which is the outlet on the
pump.

You do have a TSM (Technical Service Manual), right? Honestly,
I can't imagine working on these things without one; it'll be
the best $50 you ever spend, if you haven't.

The TSM should show which is the inlet. Don't forget, vaccum
means air moves from the wiper motor, to the pump, into the
manifold.