-------------
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:38:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

The trans was quite straightforward; it's easily tested and
checked after assembly. THe OD is harder to bench check, but
I think I will energize the solenoid to check BEFORE! it goes
in. PITA otherwise!

The slip rollers in the OD require a rubber band to hold
the rollers in when the drum goes over them; the rubber band
stays in the transmission!  I didn't have one... so I cut the
non-business-end of a condom off and used that...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"