Re: [Amc-list] Vacuum wiper hose - size and length?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Bruce Griffis wrote:

> I'm guessing the two open outlets are kinda related - and I need to
> run a vacuum hose from the fuel pump to the wiper motor. So - what
> inside diameter and length would I use? And if I'm wrong - then I
> gotta figure out what goes where!

Vacuum wipers!

It should suck on one nipple and blow on the other. The blow
side goes to the manifold. The suck side to the wipers.

If it doesn't move air, the diaphragm is popped and needs
rebuilding.  Likely, someone ran the wiper hose from manifold
directly to the wipers because the pump died. Better than
nothing.

Everyone freaks out and runs screaming from vacuum wipers. That's
silly.  Get your pump, and wiper motor if necessary, rebuilt
by Mac McCoy (I think Joe said) and it'll work better than an
electric conversion, it won't cost much more and no hacking up
necessary to make it fit.