Re: [Amc-list] cross country on ebay-hood spears?

Re: [Amc-list] cross country on ebay-hood spears?

Hood Spears...
It appears they first appeared on the hood of the 'all new' 1956 Rambler
(this is the car which replaced the '55 Rambler which would later be
'reborn' as the American).
They were apparently in pairs, one on each side of the hood Badge which was
'Nash' or 'Hudson'(as these were Nash Rambler OR Hudson Rambler).
They were '56, '57, '58 and '59 as best I can tell for this series Rambler.
When the American was born (or reborn) in '58, it would carry a single
spear, but I don't know what years they were available on it...a check into
the compendium parts book would tell, I'm sure.
But in any case...
It's '56 thru '60 (on the American, but NOT the series 10 or series 20 or
Ambassador.  Ambassador never had them (it instead had the 'bomb sight'
rings in '59 and '58).  '56 and '57 Ambassador and Statesman had the 'twin
torpedos' hood ornament...only the 'Rambler' of '56 and '57 had these
spears.

That should cover it.  That is what they were, were they went, and what they
did!

Jerijan