Re: [Amc-list] cross country on ebay-hood spears?

Re: [Amc-list] cross country on ebay-hood spears?

I believe they were 'available' on the '57 and went one on each side of the
hood's badge (which was 'Nash', NOT the later 'R' in '58)
HOWEVER...
Look at this 'Original in all respects' 1958 now on EBay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-RAMBLER-CROSS-COUNTRY-WAGON-9728-ORIG-MI
LES_W0QQitemZ120235411102QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120235411102
Little Spears on the hood...
I had a '58 Ambassador..it had 'bomb sights' on the fenders, nothing on the
hood.
I know the American (I believe in '60) had these 'Spears' on the hood, but I
think it ...well, I don't really know the more I think of it...I thought 1,
but it may have had two.
These are now starting to spike my interest...it's like 'one of those songs
you hear now and then..' which you 'just have to know' it's name...this'll
now bother me until we do, in fact, 'solve' it.
So...where do these Spears come from, when did they 'begin' and 'end'??
I say they didn't pass 1960.
Origin about 1957.
But I'm going to seek to verify it.
Jj