Re: [Amc-list] Tyres (Tires) and maybe wheels

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Frank Swygert wrote:

> If you ever thought
> about upgrading to 15" wheels (they were optional) now would
> be a good time!

Good point -- it's getting VERY hard, with limited selection,
finding decent 14" tires. They cost more too. The last 14"
tired car was 20 years ago.

Sounds crazy, but this guy http://www.custombuiltsteelwheels.com
will make you what you want very cheap. Steel wheels are made
from standardized parts. I haven't bought from him yet -- other
things happened. I think someone on this list recommended him,
and/or my tire/aligment experts, Spence Wheel & Alignment in
Glendale CA.

(What I want for the look I'd like to make are 16" or 17"
tires in 60 or 70 series. Not a snowball's chance in hell.)

Super-low-profile tires and wheels are really rough on our
older suspensions.