----------------
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:15:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Only small cars got the T-96 (except for early big cars w/195.6 OHV).

just checked my '67 10-50-80 tsm - the regular 3sp described for the
232 is a t96.  h/d-fleet option was the t86 used with 290s.

'68 for t14 and t15.

you're right on the axle though, amc20 all the way.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"