Re: [Amc-list] Turboed AMC 2.5 L

I know someone who had a supercharged 2.5L in a built Wrangler.  In low gear crawl, it would climb the front tires right up a wall at idle.  he absolutely loved that Jeep.

  Greg :)  <><

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Now. me, I would go with a Turbo'd AMC 2.5L
Pushing thru an 700r4 since it is a BOLTUP transmission!
Way to tempting to pass up.
Think about it.
It stays AMC, It gets an O/D trans that has all kinds of backing in the aftermarket, plus that low first gear to get the little 2.5 rolling and up into boost quick!
Man, think 7lb of boost or so and second gear shift would be a handlfull!!!