Re: [Amc-list] Engine Interchange, 58 Rambler American

Re: [Amc-list] Engine Interchange, 58 Rambler American

Now. me, I would go with a Turbo'd AMC 2.5L
Pushing thru an 700r4 since it is a BOLTUP transmission!
Way to tempting to pass up.
Think about it.
It stays AMC, It gets an O/D trans that has all kinds of backing in the aftermarket, plus that low first gear to get the little 2.5 rolling and up into boost quick!
Man, think 7lb of boost or so and second gear shift would be a handlfull!!!
Clear the fenderwheels?
Come on, go look on evil bay at 2.5L intakes. You could not ask for an easier intake to mod.
Pick up a header to feed the turbo and modify it.
If you got lucky you could use the cast exhaust and wrap the pipe under the engine and put the turbo on the right side. lok at some of the Wrangler series headers as they actualy wrap under the engine to begin with!
   Even normally asperated you could get a fun litle package put together pretty easily.
Forget the six since AMC never gave us a good V6.
Unless you want to consider the 4.7L dodge V8 as AMC's last design as some do.
Then you could look at the 3.7L family of dodge V6's as "from the same line".

Dare to be different! [as long as it's AMC powered]....

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>