Re: [Amc-list] T96 repairs, parts acquire summary

Re: [Amc-list] T96 repairs, parts acquire summary

OK, parts are on their way. Got everything I was looking for.

Northwest Transmissions http://nwtparts.com/
T96+R10 OD seal and gasket kit ($113), replacement synchros
($98), clutch shaft bearing ($31) 8.5" clutch disc ($72),
pressure plate ($98), throwout bearing ($28?)

All-Trans http://www.alltransparts.com/ first/reverse slider gear
($72) they did not have clutch stuff

Kanter http://www.kanter.com/ has clutches, $113 each for disc
and P.P. All clutch parts all same price! Sounds pricey, but
if this was a 39 Terraplane I would be thrilled.

The slider gear was hard to find. Northwest found one, excellent
used, after three days of looking. Could have saved $20, eh.

I will end up with a like-new transmission and OD, new
clutch. Since I enjoy driving the ancient transmission, and
have no plans to XXXXXX I plan on NOT increasing horsepower
(much :-) I expect this to last a long while.