Re: [Amc-list] six flywheel

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" I was thinking ahead to my Navarro turbo six (next
" project... :-) It's a 66 or 67 block, so it takes the old six
" bell pattern. Clearly no stock six trans will be usable at 500hp.

clearly you need my 'mexican' bellhousing!  then you could just bolt in
an amc-pattern richmond 5sp or 6sp.

okay, afaik they never made an amc 6sp - but also afaik the 5sp and
6sp are mostly the same, particularly the nose and input shafts, so a
richmond amc input oughta fit a richmond 6sp.

okay, the 6sp wouldn't be completely a bolt-in, as i don't think the
case still has the amc holes - but the mexican bell has meat in the
right places to drill a gm pattern even though it's way too deep and
clearly needs the amc input.  this has baffled me ever since i got it.