Re: [Amc-list] RockAuto Prices, rotors and ceramics?

Ceramic metal blends are hard on rotors (as in Brute Stops) but the Safety stop, Ceramix are good (Application Engineered were mixed) Rayloc has just come out with Adaptive One brakes that are a mix (inboard and outboard pads are different materials so they stop excellent cold or hot) Just went through the training course on these. (waiting for them to come out with ones for my J10, but since my '87 Comanche was left off the list, it's getting ZJ front brakes instead!)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] RockAuto Prices, rotors and ceramics?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, Every set of rotors I've bought in the last few years have ben cheaper at RC.
Last time I had to buy local as I needed them ASAP.
Even RockAuto can't do overnight on rotors cheap :[

Anybody else here using ceramic pads?
I've heard they are hard on rotors.
But they sure seem to be almost dust free and quiet.
I think i'd rather replace the rotors then have heavy dust from some of the metallic pads coat and eat into the wheels.

--
Mark Price