Re: [Amc-list] RockAuto Prices, rotors and ceramics?

Re: [Amc-list] RockAuto Prices, rotors and ceramics?

Performance Friction carbon metallic pads do not make a mess out of
wheels and are easy (or at least no worse than stock) on rotors. They
are picky about rotor prep and seating procedures but once that's out of
the way, they're great. They stop better hot than cold and last a long
time (I got over 70,000 miles on a set of them on my last Ram).

Matt

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Yes, Every set of rotors I've bought in the last few years have ben cheaper at RC.
> Last time I had to buy local as I needed them ASAP.
> Even RockAuto can't do overnight on rotors cheap :[
>
> Anybody else here using ceramic pads?
> I've heard they are hard on rotors.
> But they sure seem to be almost dust free and quiet.
> I think i'd rather replace the rotors then have heavy dust from some of the metallic pads coat and eat into the wheels.
>
> --
> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.7L, Quadratrc II
> " Chronic Pain Hurts"

> From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
>> On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Rock Auto has ALWAYS been more then fair with pricing etc when I have used or
>> compared pricing there.
>>> I've oftened ordered and gotten items drop shipped from different locals.
>>>   Shipping is priced up front in the cart, so it's not like there is a big
>> mystery over cost?
>>
>> Oh I wouldn't be surprised if some parts are more at RockAuto, but not
>> many I've found.
>>
>> Brake drums -- heavy to ship -- still cheaper cost+shipping
>> from RockAuto than any local store!

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com