Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232

" From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I would recommend getting the later 1980's 258 cylinder head, intake and exhaust manifold.  Those 258's had 9.2:1 compression.

except '87-up have the same problem as the 4.0 head swap - wide block,
slightly different water passages.  makes swapping a 4.0 head to an
'87-up 4.2 easy, but swapping either to an earlier six a little less
straight.