Re: [Amc-list] 71 Gremlin 232

Thanks for the heads up on the '87 and up fat head engines.  I swapped the '83 GT head to my 1974 258 in the CJ and all that was needed was to ream out the 7/16" head bolt holes (in 1983 head) to fit the 1/2" bolt holes in the 1974 block.

  Greg :)  <><

Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  " From: Greg Taylor
"
" I would recommend getting the later 1980's 258 cylinder head, intake and exhaust manifold. Those 258's had 9.2:1 compression.

except '87-up have the same problem as the 4.0 head swap - wide block,
slightly different water passages. makes swapping a 4.0 head to an
'87-up 4.2 easy, but swapping either to an earlier six a little less
straight.