Re: [Amc-list] T96... T14... related?

Tom,

The T-14 is much beefier internally than a T-96. The case is also wider
than a T-96's. Tightening the upper driver's side transmission to
bellhousing bolt (with everything in the car) is a real joy. The output
shaft is the same diameter between the two but I don't know about
overall length.

Matt

Tom Jennings wrote:
> Called Northwest Parts for overhaul parts for the T96 in the American. No
> direct listing for the casting number ("T96-1A") but they're looking.
>
> So I have a T14 and T96 side by side in my newly organized iron pile. I
> knew they looked similar, but...
>
> The T14 is a drop-in replacement for the T96 in every way, though I didn't
> get too careful about measuring overall length. Motor end is identical. The
> shift levers are further apart but in the same (common) position. The
> shifter would almost bolt up.
>

> But more interestingly -- the BW OD unit bolt pattern from the T96 exactly
> matches the T14's rear!
>
> I know this is a long shot, but the payoff would be great -- are the output
> shafts of these two transmissions similar? I don't have a factory parts
> catalog that includes a T14...

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com