[Amc-list] T96... T14... related?

Called Northwest Parts for overhaul parts for the T96 in the American. No
direct listing for the casting number ("T96-1A") but they're looking.

So I have a T14 and T96 side by side in my newly organized iron pile. I
knew they looked similar, but...

The T14 is a drop-in replacement for the T96 in every way, though I didn't
get too careful about measuring overall length. Motor end is identical. The
shift levers are further apart but in the same (common) position. The
shifter would almost bolt up.

But more interestingly -- the BW OD unit bolt pattern from the T96 exactly
matches the T14's rear!

I know this is a long shot, but the payoff would be great -- are the output
shafts of these two transmissions similar? I don't have a factory parts
catalog that includes a T14...