[Amc-list] LPG, E85 and Latin American fuels

[Amc-list] LPG, E85 and Latin American fuels

This is all good discussion concerning alternative
fuels and I think very relevant to the survival of old
cars like our AMC's in the gas price explosion looming
on the horizon.  The fact that the price is being
directed by the futures market is so salient and yet
so absent from most politicos and average citizens
today.  Love Bush or hate him, he can't hypnotize all
the players trading on the floor!

The following statement starts out with some powerful
truth....
"Sugar Cane is powering Brazil to the tune of 50% of
 their fuel,
but Congress has a 'Tax' on Sugar to 'protect' the
 Ethanol investors
here stateside.  South American Ethanol will not be
 imported because
of the Hugo Chavez Presidency vs the George Bush
 Presidency - so
nix on importing stocks for our Ethanol plants."

Everything is true except the one statement...
"Chavez vs Bush" having anything to do with Brazilian
or any other country's imports-- in fact I WISH IT
DID!

We, unfortunately, support Hugo Chavez and Citgo oil
to the tune of Millions/year in imported oil... no
matter what he says about destroying us or joining
forces with Radical Islam against us.  As the
president of Venzuela, his actions have absolutely NO
bearing on our imports from Brazil.  In reality, we
buy millions in Imports from Brazil as well.  So this
has nothing to do with Bush vs Chavez (Which SHOULD
read, IMHO, Chavez vs America as he hates us no matter
who is in Office, just like the Jihadists have for
decades)

What keeps cheap sugar cane ethanol out is the
political popularity of Corn Subsidies and the US
Agricultural Industry, lobbyists, whatever.  Good or
bad, that's it.  The fact that people think Corn
Ethanol is cheaper is only because the price is
subsidized to make it more viable, however, these same
people don't realize that everyone in the country is
paying some of their taxes to keep it cheap... at some
point if we are all using it, we are going to realize
it's not as cheap as we think!  Go Hydrogen! (oops,
did I let that slip?)

Anyway, I think those LGP tanks are awesome... did you
look at the creds of that company and the design?
THese are NOT "flat tanks".  Do a google and check out
that Mfnctrr... interesting stuff!

Have a great weekend, sorry for the length

Jesse
AMC Content... none of my FSJ's get over 14 MPG!(yet!)