[Amc-list] Re LPG

Sugar cane has a very long growing season.  Almost 10 months.  Very few places in the US can grow it.  If we went Ethanol then we would be just as susceptible to supply cut offs as we are to crude oil.  Methanol comes from corn a readily available and grown in the US product.  Only one small problem.  If we substitute corn for crude oil then we have tied the price of food to the price of oil.  Example both the refineries and the food producers will be competing for the same corn.  It's happening now and the rise in food prices at the store are not all attributable to the rise in the price of gas and diesel.  Some of it has to do with the rise in price of a bushel of corn directly related to the increase in use of methanol in gas, thanks to a Congressional mandate of its use in some states.  Forget the greenhouse gas problem.  96% of all greenhouse gases are naturally occurring.  Cars worldwide account for less than .02% of the problem.  Walking to work will not help.  The pro
 blem is
and always will be too many people.  Talking conservation, protocols, and agreements without talking about population control is a waste of time.  You can not conserve enough energy to account for all the new people coming onto the planet that at some time will require energy to exist.

Bill Strobel
Fayetteville, NC
1967 Rebel SST
1969 SC/Rambler