Re: [Amc-list] LPG, E85 and Latin American fuels

Re: [Amc-list] LPG, E85 and Latin American fuels

" From: Jesse <j2sax@xxxxxxxxx>
"
"
"
" What keeps cheap sugar cane ethanol out is the
" political popularity of Corn Subsidies and the US
" Agricultural Industry, lobbyists, whatever.  Good or
" bad, that's it.

don't underestimate the mayhem ag lobbyists can create!  a chain of
events leading to hawaii becoming our 50th state started with
lobbyists getting an ag import tarriff passed, toward the end of the
19th c.  hawaii was then an independent nation, putting it and the
vast pineapple plantations under the new tarriff and economically
ruining the plantation owners.  so they stage-managed an uprising and
hornswoggled the us navy to come in and suppress it, and incidentally
making hawaii a us protectorate and thus exempt from the ag tarriff.

" The fact that people think Corn
" Ethanol is cheaper is only because the price is
" subsidized to make it more viable, however, these same
" people don't realize that everyone in the country is
" paying some of their taxes to keep it cheap... at some
" point if we are all using it, we are going to realize
" it's not as cheap as we think!

oh yeah...  so much gerrymandering going on you couldn't keep it all
on your radar even if you made it a full-time job.

"  Go Hydrogen! (oops, did I let that slip?)

h2 may have potential for fixed installations, but i think that for
mobile use it will remain a snare and delusion for many long years to
come.  biofuels that make efficient use of crops, like biodiesel and
butanol have imho much more real potential, here and around the world.