[Amc-list] LPG Conversion-- not

Here's a thought.
Grow low THC HEMP and use it to make Butanol.
Anybody done any research on that?
We currently import HEMP from Canada but are not allowed to grow it
stateside because of wrong headed thinking in Washington (HEMP=Marijuana).
Low THC HEMP is NOT the same as Marijuana, in fact the two do not even
like to grow together. You can NOT get high on low THC HEMP.
Looks like there will be more information coming soon on Butanol,,,
http://www.runningonfumesfilm.com/resources/ROF+Trailor.mov

When I had my engine shop I rebuilt several tow motor engines for a Marble
distributor. They had old Toyota 3R engines in them running LPG. They were
NOT really designed for LPG. The cylinders and valve guides were extremely
worn out! Good thing they had thick cylinder walls as we usually had to
bore them .100.
 We upgraded them to hard valve seats & guides and chrome rings to make
them last longer.
 Most modern engines can probably run LPG OK but I'd think twice before
converting an older pre non-leaded fuel motor.

But HEY,,, that's just ME!!!
Bruce Hevner