Re: [Amc-list] 343 intake manifold

Greg DePratt
<mailto:amc-list%40amc-list.com?Subject=%5BAmc-list%5D%20343%20intake%20manifold&In-Reply-To=>gdepratt
at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:04:20 PDT 2007
RE:
<http://www.amc-list.com/pipermail/amc-list/2007-October/012472.html>[Amc-list]
343 intake manifold

----------

Does anybody know if the Intake manifold that Edelbrock sells will work on a
68 - 343.  Their site says it works with yrs 70 and up but I wonder what the
difference is in the 68 and 70 engines.

Here's the link to their site

<http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/manifolds/amc_perf.shtml>http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/manifolds/amc_perf.shtml

Also is there any other good manuf of intakes that would work....thanks
again for you help...

Greg

Edelbrock use the code phrase non-EGR to mean early manifold for
66-69.EGR is for 70 and up AMC V-8s. The deck height changes about
.045 of inch, not much, between the early and late manifold but the
center two bolt holes are relocated about 1\2 inch. No a big deal.
You basically have 2 choices the newer air-gap and the older
Performer. The performer is stated to increase horsepower from idle
to 5500 rpm , the Air-Gap 1500 to 6500. Non -EGR Performer part
number is #2131, later EGR is # 3731; Air-Gap is non EGR is 7530, EGR
is 7531, add another 1 for polished if you want to spend the money.
I'd go with the newer Air-gap as it will give a little power on 5500
to 6500 rpm range. LRDaum mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx