Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pacer and Rotary, now basic miss-information.

Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pacer and Rotary, now basic miss-information.

Ok, I stand corrected. I'll agree with those guys from now on, when they
talk about Chevy engines in Studebakers. However I will tell them that it
was only the final years. This guy was making it sound like they always used
GM engines. I distinctly remember reading an article in Hot Rod or Car Craft
about a guy with a Stude (with Stude engine) that had a paxton supercharger
on it and it went like stink......seems the guy tracked this car down for
years to find it, something about how rare it was.
any one read that article??

Oh yeah BTW. I think that Mazda rotary in the LeMans winning car was a four
rotor not a five..............here's a website
http://www.fd3s.net/787B/index.html#ENG      that gives the details. 654 cc
per combustion chamber, 2.616 liter total displacement, 700 bhp 4 rotor,
three spark plugs per rotor housing firing sequentially. Mazda was the only
manufacturer to pursue the wankel to this extent after the others had tossed
in the towel. This engine and car is it's crowning achievement. The only
Japanese car to win LeMans,  because the other cars broke, but hey, if
you're not running at the finish that means your car wasn't up to the
challenge.

Armand