Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pacer and Rotary, now basic miss-information.

Re: [Amc-list] Re; Pacer and Rotary, now basic miss-information.

Talking about Studebakers, my Grandparents bought a 1947 Studebaker Land
Cruiser new, it was the only car they could get that soon after the War. It
had a flat head six with three on the tree and overdrive, really nice car.
They bought a couple of more Studebakers from the same dealer, one was a
1952 Land Cruiser with the V-8 engine. It would really run, and I read an
article that said that engine was very similar to the Cadillac engine in
design. I believe Studebaker built four different V-8 engine sizes, 232,
259, 289, and 304. They put the supercharger on the 304 in the Avanti. Talk
about opportunity lost, remember the Raymond Lowey designed Starlite (?)
Coupe in the early 1950's? It was available with the six and small V-8
engines. If the management had the vision to increase engine size to 289
then it would have been the performance car of the day and they couldn't
have built enough of them.