Re: [Amc-list] Pacer and Rotary, now basic miss-information.

Re: [Amc-list] Pacer and Rotary, now basic miss-information.

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I distinctly remember reading an article in Hot Rod or Car Craft
" about a guy with a Stude (with Stude engine) that had a paxton supercharger
" on it and it went like stink......seems the guy tracked this car down for
" years to find it, something about how rare it was.
" any one read that article??

not seen that one, but sounds like the avanti r-4 of about '63, which
are indeed rare and fast and very valuable today.

" Oh yeah BTW. I think that Mazda rotary in the LeMans winning car was a four
" rotor not a five..............here's a website
" http://www.fd3s.net/787B/index.html#ENG

nice!  imagine that [detuned] under a pacer hood...

" []
" The only
" Japanese car to win LeMans, because the other cars broke, but hey, if
" you're not running at the finish that means your car wasn't up to the
" challenge.

there's an old racing saying, to finish first you first have to
finish...