[Amc-list] A front suspension idea!

i THINK i could make one of these amracing strutrod
kits work. MAYBE...  i have both 62 and 62 classics.
if someone has a set of strut rod mounts they would be
willing to part with, (so i dont have to tear up my
only ones if this dont work right) i can cut off the
strut rod mount. weld on the angled mount that comes
with the strut rod kit. and then the other hiem joint,
maybe use some rubber sway bar end link bushings to
mount it to the lower control arm with some long
enough grade 8 bolts??? along with boxing that bottom
of the lower arm. then you wouldnt have to worry about
the hard to get strut rod bushings (a deal i am going
thru right now also) and you could be able to adjust
the caster (within limits of the lower bushing and the
upper trunion).

maybe it just looks better in my head. anyone else see
what i am seeing in my world? in my world however,
EVERYTHING works perfectly.... this one, seems not to
work out quite the same...

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules