------------------
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:45:42 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Yeah, Andrew's probably right, you ground the dirt off the commutator! And
Joe's point about polarizing... since it was used there probably was some
remanent magnetic field left, but... spinning it at 80mph might have fixed
that too!

Yeah, I don't recall a gennie on a car of mine that died except from my
fiddling. The lack of useful charge below 2000 rpm is what sucks. Highway
OK, but in traffic at night?

I wish there was a small (30 - 40 amp) "one wire" alt. The big alternator's
case is too large I think for the 195.6. I have some core AMC Motorola's
I'll peek at.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"