[Amc-list] Rust (is insidious!)

I have been using a product called PHIX to remove rust. It is phosphorous
based and removes the rust rather than just converting it to black stuff.
This product has been working very well for me. When I got my ram air hood
for the 70 Javelin it had the same spot of surface rust at the back
underside of the hood that all 70 Javelins/AMXs had. I simply used the PHIX
product with a very small amount of elbow grease and the rust disappeared. I
then chemically stripped all the old paint off entirely, rinsed the metal
with acetone to remove the paint stripper, and coated it with the PHIX
product, which leaves a dull light grayish coating that protects the metal
from oxidation. When I was ready to epoxy prime the hood I simply went over
it with a little 400 grit sandpaper cleaned and degreased it and shot the
epoxy on it. That was over a year ago now, and the hood has been retaining
its freshly painted appearance ever since.
PHIX made by Protective Products Company.

Armand