Re: [Amc-list] "A Pacer in Your Future" Rotary engines

Re: [Amc-list] "A Pacer in Your Future" Rotary engines

Mazda built a five rotor engine to go endurance racing in Europe roughly ten
years ago.
The car dominated the 24 Hours of LeMans race and won hands down.

AMC content.

Went to Mitchell SD yesterday (big Rat Rod show), saw a beautiful 70 AMX,
360 auto. Didn't get the guys the name. I was a bit confused as he tried to
tell us that the 360 was the biggest engine for the 70 AMX. We repeatedly
told him that AMC offered 390s that year too. They even had dogleg port 291C
heads. It's always strange how much mis-information there is.
I over heard another guy state that Studebaker was installing Chevy engines
in their cars in the early 60s before they closed shop.
Will this one never die??  I know the Avanti in its continued form in later
years had a GM powerplant, but correct me if I'm wrong, Studebaker used AMC
engines right??? The displacement was just the same as the Chevy 327 that's
all.

Armand