Re: [Amc-list] "A Pacer in Your Future" Rotary engines

-- Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I over heard another guy state that Studebaker was installing Chevy
> engines in their cars in the early 60s before they closed shop.
> Will this one never die??  I know the Avanti in its continued form in
> later years had a GM powerplant, but correct me if I'm wrong, Studebaker
> used AMC engines right??? The displacement was just the same as the Chevy
> 327 that's all.

I believe Studebaker (corporate) did use some GM engines towards the end,
but I don't know if it was sixes and/or eights, and in what cars.
Studebaker never used any AMC engine, to my knowledge.

On the 327... I had more than one person SWEAR that the 327 in my 62
Ambassador MUST be a chevy, and one refused to believe otherwise when I
lifted the hood.