[Amc-list] Just contemplating the Javelin

[Amc-list] Just contemplating the Javelin

I think I may have the answer to every one's problem of identifying the true
1970 Mark Donohue Javelins from the regular SST.

Fact.    All Mark Donohue Javelins have a rear deck lid spoiler.
Fact.    All Javelins without the deck lid spoiler have a spring for the
deck lid that makes it 'pop' up a bit when unlocked, and does
not allow the deck lid to go shut or fall from the fully or partially open
position on it's own. A cloned MD Javelin's deck lid             doesn't
"pop" open.

Unknown Fact.     AMC  installed a heavier duty spring in the deck lid
mechanism to
                            support the additional weight of the MD spoiler.

If the unkown fact is true, all real Md Javelins have this heavier spring. I
have only seen one "factory" MD Javelin, I never had a chance to open the
deck lid to verify this was true. The first time I saw the car was in 1973
or 74, too early for people to be cloning the car. It had a deck spoiler,
360 with automatic, tach and 140 speedo. Dang thing was very fast.

Any way what do you guys think? Am I correct??

Armand