Re: [Amc-list] Just contemplating the Javelin

On Tuesday 14 August 2007 17:00:22 Armand Eshleman wrote:
> I think I may have the answer to every one's problem of identifying the
> true 1970 Mark Donohue Javelins from the regular SST.

Oh, let me muddy the issue a bit... :-)

I dunno about Javs, but Hornets use a torsion spring, the anchored end of
which can be placed into one of three slots. I don't know why it's there;
maybe boot-mounted luggage racks, eventual wear, etc.

> If the unkown fact is true, all real Md Javelins have this heavier spring.

If I haven't ruined things for out, it might be good circumstantial
evidence... I agree it seems unlikely that all people would catch that. A few
might though, and some people are clever!