Re: [Amc-list] Thomas Garner, 64 Classic

Re: [Amc-list] Thomas Garner, 64 Classic

Do you have the original fuel pump? If so, you can have it rebuilt
(http://www.then-now.com did mine). Places like Kennedy American will
sell replacements (some places have core charges and prices vary so shop
around). Plan on about $100 to get the right fuel pump either rebuilt or
replaced.

Matt

Thomas Garner wrote:
>  All but one think I should keep the 232, which, if I can get the power from it I should get, then I'll do that. I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. Doesn't mean I wouldn't get rid of the points though, I just don't know how.
>
>  nThe tranny is an Auto. I replaced the points when I first got it. Did that before the rebuilt carb. New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Also got an electric fuel pump until I can find an OEM with the booster for the wipers.
>  I don't know very much about tranny's. Still don't understand how it doesn't burn up with no lines through the radiator to cool the fluid. I know it's air cooled, but still...
>  When I first got it, carb was adjusted so hi, it gave me whiplash when I put it in gear. It seemed to shift hard but solid. Fixed that with the little cable from tranny to carb. Kind of like a kick down cable, but I don't think it's the same. If I start in 1st gear, it shifts hard to 2nd then it winds up higher than I expect it to and then shifts to 3rd, until it warms up, then it tends to shift ok from 2nd to 3rd. 1st to 2nd ALWAYS shifts hard. (I normally just start off in D2)

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon