Re: [Amc-list] more information on my 63 770

Re: [Amc-list] more information on my 63 770

The G-series of Vin numbers was for the Classic Six in
1963.  My source is Standard Catalog of American
motors.

Adam your car came from the factor as a six cylinder
Classic (1963 model).

And notice, in the pictures that the engine has the
full flow oil filter, but and it appears to be a cast
iron six 195.6.

So, it is a service replacement block from a later
year.  The tag cautions about the water pump from a 65
American.  That is was AMC must have used on this
service replacement block.

There's no way to tell now, unless some warranty
documentation can be found, whether the car originally
had a cast iron engine or a aluminum block from the
factory.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA