------------
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 00:47:12 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

S is almost definitely for Service.
The trans out of my 69 was designated an S-42 on the tag.
I'd saying we are getting every close to being able to say that the S was stamped or cast into the service replacement assemblys to identify them to mechanics at a later date.
I wish I'd have thought to take a pic of that tag! before I shipped it out to California.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"